Northern Manitoba’s extreme winter’s don’t slow us down up here…in fact winter fishing is so incredible that we are literally open all season hitting the ice for the next big Trophy Master Angler.
HARDWATER FISHING IN NORTHERN MANITOBA
LAKE TROUT – WALLEYE – BURBOT – PIKE – RAINBOW TROUT – BROOK TROUT
You can expect lots of BIG Fish and Multi-Species Fishing, plenty of incredible snowmobile trails and lakes combined with the beautiful scenery and remoteness of being in the Canadian Shield…Come discover the Ice Angler’s Paradise in Northern Manitoba!
WE’VE GOT ICE AND LOTS OF IT!
Take advantage of the long winter ice fishing season with 5 months of ice we have the following options available.
FIRST ICE – the ice is generally safe by mid November on various lakes with snow machines and quads. Get a jump on the cold and take advantage of usually milder temperatures compared to mid winter fishing.
MID WINTER FISHING – Full accessibility to large and small lakes including the deep water on Big Athapap for Lakers. Cold temperatures in effect which means having the right equipment is a must.
LATE ICE – In Northern Manitoba the season is open to the end of April. The temperatures are mild and accessibility can eventually be restricted to quads on high ice as the snow melts. Daily updates for fishing and ice conditions are posted on Bakers Hard Water Hotline for Northern Manitoba.
UNTOUCHED PRISTINE LAKES AND REMOTE WILDERNESS
Escape from urban congestion and discover hard water angling like never before. Bakers Narrows Lodge is situated in the heart of legendary Northern Manitoba’s Canadian Shield surrounded by backcountry lakes full of Big fish. Experience the thrill of snowmobiling through winding trails and across powder snow covered lakes on an fish expedition for your next Manitoba Master Angler.
We offer professional full service fishing guides that will navigate you to the best fishing holes and share their local fishing knowledge with you. We also have self guided experiences available providing you with maps and simple to follow instructions for various fishing locations around the lodge.
SO MANY LAKES TO EXPLORE
With literally 1000’s of miles of pristine water to explore it’s impossible to discover it all so we have handpicked a few of the best to target.
- Lake Athapapuskow (lake trout, walleye, burbot, pike, whitefish, perch)
- Alberts Lake (walleye & pike)
- Mikanagan Lake (lake trout, walleye, pike, burbot, whitefish)
- Wabishkok Lake (lake trout, walleye, pike, burbot, whitefish)
- Lake Aimee (walleye & pike)
- Nistum Lake (rainbow trout)
- Barbie Lake( rainbow trout, brook trout)
- Long Lake (walleye, pike, perch)
Weather you are a hardcore angler or just getting started we have several packages to choose from that include all-inclusive and light housekeeping with a variety of add ons available as required.
ADDITIONAL ADD-ONS – include the following items below.
– Snowmobile Rental (2 up seating with pull behind sleigh) $200/Day + fuel
– Ice Hut Rental $100/Day (includes wood)
– Pop-Up Shelter – $50/Day
– Little Buddy Heater – $35/Day (includes propane)
– Ice Auger – $25/Day
– Ice Fishing Gear (rods, reels, line, tackle) – $25/Person
– 3 Gourmet Meals/Day – $60/Person
*Bait & Tackle are also available at the lodge
– Sucker Belly
– Minnows (regular & jumbo)
* Manitoba Fishing license is not included in this package but can be purchased at the Lodge upon arrival.