Get to your Ultimate Canadian Fishing Spot in Manitoba, Flin Flon Airport info, Air Carriers, Map & Directions from Winnipeg and Saskatoon
- Free Shuttle
– We offer a free shuttle from the Flin Flon airport to our lodge just ½ mile away.
– The Flin Flon Airport is located 20 kilometers southeast of the city of Flin Flon and occupies a land area of approximately 210 hectares (518 acres).
- GPS co-ordinates
– N 54.40.6 W 101.39.6
– The Flin Flon Airport is served by two scheduled air carriers –
who conducts daily scheduled flights from Winnipeg into the Flin Flon Airport. The largest aircraft to use the Airport is a Boeing 737. In addition, the airport serves both private and commercial operations and serves as a tanker base for Ministry of Natural Resources Water Bombers.
- Airport Operating Conditions
– The Flin Flon Airport is operational 24 hours per day, 7 days per week and is capable of supporting both day and night VFR and IFR operations. The airport terminal building is open from 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Sunday to Friday and 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Saturdays.
- Airport Operations
– The airport consists of one runway (5,000 x 150 feet) and a joining taxiway and main apron (300 x 400 feet). The runway (18-36) is constructed of asphalt and is capable of supporting aircraft up to Boeing 737 size.
– The airport has one main air terminal building providing space for airline, car rental, airport operations and general public use.
– Flin Flon Airport has operational staff on site 5:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. Sunday to Friday and 5:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Saturdays. The staff provide general airfield maintenance including snow removal and grass cutting, weather observations, fueling and de-icing of aircraft and baggage services to both scheduled airlines.
- Road Travel
– Bakers Narrows Lodge is also accessible by road. Good highway from Winnipeg, Prince Albert and Saskatoon – travel time from Winnipeg is 7 hours, from Saskatoon 5 hours. and Prince Albert 4 hours. For directions see map below or call the Lodge at 1-866-603-6390.